Hive with 40,000 bees inside stolen on Anglesey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welsh Police said:

"they were wearing a full bee suit or they risked being stung"?

I doubt anyone bothers suiting up to close a hive in the dark but it looks like the local plod are out looking for fully-suited speeding drivers?
It's no surprise that no arrests have been made?

"the thief must have had some knowledge of bees or beekeeping otherwise they wouldn't have done it".

Another stunning deduction Holmes!
(if not they would be learning now).

Not really any surprise is it, :hairpull: with an IQ like that surprised he was able to come up with a crime number!:svengo:

Last time I called the police, the answer was,
"out Rural Crime officer is on holiday, can you call back in a fortnight"!

Last edited:
"It's not the sort of thing you have in your back garden."

:icon_204-2:

They say that journalism is the first attempt at writing history and that's why it's important that reports are accurate. Imagine in 500 years time, some student is writing his thesis on the history of beekeeping in Wales and finds that story. "They kept bees in ditches, hidden away from everybody and no bees were kept in gardens"

We should all be pedantic when newspapers get facts wrong - "fake news". It makes me wonder when I see sloppy reporting about something I have some knowledge of, just what is wrong with all the reports I read where I don't have prior knowledge - are all reporters that casual with facts? Or is it a case of "don't confuse me with facts, I've got a story to write"

Rant over

CVB

They say that journalism is the first attempt at writing history and that's why it's important that reports are accurate. Imagine in 500 years time, some student is writing his thesis on the history of beekeeping in Wales and finds that story. "They kept bees in ditches, hidden away from everybody and no bees were kept in gardens"

We should all be pedantic when newspapers get facts wrong - "fake news". It makes me wonder when I see sloppy reporting about something I have some knowledge of, just what is wrong with all the reports I read where I don't have prior knowledge - are all reporters that casual with facts? Or is it a case of "don't confuse me with facts, I've got a story to write"

Rant over

CVB
:iagree:

Even more annoying is when you are 100% correct about something and some meddling twit tries to grass you up by twisting the facts themselves.......

Reminds me of

SEND THREE AND FOURPENCE WE ARE GOING TO A DANCE.......

Then you get 50 dozen threatening emails to you your friends of family doubting your birthright... because they ( the nay saying meddling twits acquaintance) has faked up information.
And it all ends up in Court... happens to Private Eye on an annual basis!!... however good their journalists.

I will remain a pedant... it is the way I was made!!:hairpull:

Yeghes da

Last edited:
Someone tried to steal one of my brothers hives (in Lancashire). He/they were NOT beekeepers. The hive was disarranged in the morning and there were dead bees on the lawn. It was a particularly aggressive hive. (It has now been re-queened and is now normal). We did not report it to the police. The thought of the plod running round looking for someone with a very lumpy face was more than we could bear.

Rant over

CVB

Par for the course for Anglesey journalism. Since before the Romans we've been using that island to contain our druids and madmen.
Not the first (and doubt it will be the last) time that rag has published some absolute piffle about beekeeping - and all the locals get really excited about it, after an article about midnight queen rustling, one person wrote in to the WBKA magazine blaming his woes on a colony that had gone Q- on some scallywag who had put bait hives in the woods near his apiary to lure his queens away!!!!

Not sure of the local vernacular, but is that a term for ewes?

Liverpuddlian term for utter and absolute scoundrel. The modern term for the denizens of the isle of the mad happens to be 'scousers who can swim'

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back