Hive Thefts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been outside and noticed 1 neuc had the lid not on right and the stone ontop moved. I put it back as it should be. Now to my horror I find 1 of my hives has had the super lifted off and not put back on right. The queen excluder was on the roof with a large stone on top. Queen excluder on the ground to the side and the hive NOT as I left it. Make matters worse these hives are in my garden and approximately 1.5 from my house. Now I think about it one day I came home my gate was open. Probably then. Hope they got stung plenty.

The plot thickens even more. Been asked by ANOTHER person if “there’s any bees in that hives in my garden”. Makes me wonder who it was now and what’s the fascination this year with bees?!!

I have several of these cameras .. useful for keeping an eye on everything from the workshop, the dog, my mother's house, to our home security. The software is free on line - sends alerts to your phone, I can view remotely on the internet and it takes an SD card so I have at least a month of history. It has a microphone and a speaker and I can actually speak through my phone and it is broadcast from the camera .. so many uses. Downsides - it's indoor only, needs a mains power supply and internet wifi. Really useful and versatle though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YI-Wireles...qid=1581261655&sprefix=yi+home,aps,247&sr=8-3

I use the Blink XT2 system to keep an eye on my honey that's left on a shelf outside my house.
It doesn't need any power connection and works via wifi. The adverts say that the batteries last for 2 years but when mine ran out after 3month the company admitted to me they last 40000 seconds! Even at that I still think £1/month is not bad?

Last edited:
The software is free on line - sends alerts to your phone, I can view remotely on the internet and it takes an SD card so I have at least a month of history. It has a microphone and a speaker and I can actually speak through my phone and it is broadcast from the camera .. so many uses. Downsides - it's indoor only, needs a mains power supply and internet wifi. Really useful and versatle though.

Is the software generic one or specific for cameras?
I'm looking to set up some external cameras and connect it to home server, most likely over wifi

Latest posts

Back