Hive stand from Skip waste

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hive stand and Tube Varroa floor from Skip waste

just thought i would post my designs for a hive stand with flight board having just made it from a few items found in a skip, a few screw and glue

The flight board pull off, so the runners the flight board site on can be used as a frame Holder

Ok its rough, i not a joiner but for a single hive, they work, and make holding frames easy

also i will post my varroa tube floor

Last edited:
Its perfect loving the skip diving can not resist that myself the things you can fined

and Tube Varroa Floor from Skip

And, also just made this out of an old Mahongany Warbrobe and 32 internal 35mm external plastic tube (tube €3 not from a skip), High temp marly tube

It a version of the Happykeeper floor sold by Thornes, but 11 tubes ( so eleven frames not there cramped style)

and its the warm way round, much prefer the warm way

I,m going to compare Varroa drop and Bee Health next year with a standard OMF'

11x35mm plus 3mmx12 gaps =421mm with 19nn sides gives 459mm ( well 460)

Last edited:
With you on that Pete. I would have pulled that old Skoda out of Victor Meldrews skip in one foot in the grave!!:cheers2:

excellent stuff - herewith one bantam house made from ply offcuts, "remnants" of canvas, boot sale paint, local market stained glass window, and old wire mesh "animal cage"

chookhouse2.jpg

-with home-brewed Warre in the background.............

excellent stuff - herewith one bantam house made from ply offcuts, "remnants" of canvas, boot sale paint, local market stained glass window, and old wire mesh "animal cage"

looking at the colour you have painted your bantam house ,have you every done a luscher Colour Test ....it relates colour preference to personality type:laughing-smiley-014

Colour chosen for an amalgam of reasons - firstly from a "style" aspect, it's a very "20's/30's" colour that goes with the stained glass from the period - paint found at boot sale dark green and big pot of white - green too dark (would be too hot in summer), white too "glaring" in summer - mix the two - perfect!
Nearly forgot - roof insulation using polystyrene sheets from solar panel packaging:)
Love to see what your California psychobabbling thingummyjiggler does for "omlette and "Haus" owners..........:svengo:

Latest posts

Back