Hive roof sheet materials?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could be glued and clamped together, I suppose, but I gave up on castellations after a while and they're on the list for disposal.
The Beehive Bits castellations ARE too flimsy for my brood boxes but in supers I find them ok as I only remove the frames a couple of times a year

Good quality roofing felt offcuts worked ok for me.

Good quality roofing felt offcuts worked ok for me.
This is what I have been churning out for the last few weeks. Untreated pallets, ply off cuts and roofing felt. ALL free.

Exactly, and it looks like c**p in the end! 😀

Would agree one needs the proper equipment and expertise to produce a quality product.... my upcycled caravan sheet aluminum roofs are a work of art, and are a matter of hive roof envy when lesser beekeepering DIYers see them !!!

Nadelik Lowen

Would agree one needs the proper equipment and expertise to produce a quality product.... my upcycled caravan sheet aluminum roofs are a work of art, and are a matter of hive roof envy when lesser beekeepering DIYers see them !!!

Nadelik Lowen
I would love a sheet folding machine but that would mean another shed and SWMBO is complaining about the lack of garden at the moment! 😀

I would love a sheet folding machine but that would mean another shed and SWMBO is complaining about the lack of garden at the moment! 😀

Alli is easy to bend if annealed... made my bender using some nice straight bits of hardwood... don't forget to allow for the radius!!
Last ali caravan deconstruction had sheets still with the blue protective plastic on the inside...
nice new and shiney !!
( and I sold the chassis with wheels for a few very nice bucks)

Nadelik Lowen

Latest posts

Back