Hive record sheets

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Have just spent an enjoyable morning creating fresh record sheets for each hive, and updating the Q and origin and when started laying ready for first inspections.

I currently number hives and these remain constant and i record the Q with year and strain denoted by a letter so a 2020A for example.

I am still figuring out the best way of summarising which strain is 'best' and whilst i find the record sheets useful, i havent devised the best way of summarising the variables of swarm intentions, yield, temper etc.

any tips gratefully received....

Have you created your records in spreadsheet format?

Mine are done on Google sheets and the entries are all by drop down boxes. Each queen having a record.

This basically creates a data base for me that I can use to pull charts and visually compare one queen with another.

thats helpful BigA.....no i havent

i have a folder with paper sheets in them but when i do splits etc these do not lend themselves to identify which strain was showing swarming instincts to see if there is a pattern etc as i lose track by moving the queen etc or adding eggs from elsewhere (if i think i know a strain is better) etc

need to get a better system

The BIBBA hive record sheet is pretty good and to go with it there is an apiary summary sheet that you can use to compare colonies this year and also compare with last year. I downloaded the file that allowed me to modify the sheet so I have added a column to the apiary summary sheet that gives a final assessment of breeding potential. The sheets can be downloaded from here - NatBIP Guide – BIBBA . There is also a guide for how to fill in the sheet.

CVB

Last edited:
I have my hive sheets, but I also have a separate queen sumary sheet, for the queens. I then have a separate sheet to record the spring and summer honey harvest.

Latest posts

Back