Hive materials

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Over the last couple of days I've been replacing an ugly fake wooden beam that hides a tie bar below the ceiling height of my house with a much smaller and less obtrusive wooden box that has a much higher WAF¹. In the process of dragging out various pieces of ply from my store of materials "that will come in useful one day" I discovered a number of large offcuts of shower lining panel. For those who aren't aware, these are large sheets of waterproof material with a patterned face, used to line the walls of showers instead of tiles². These have suddenly started whispering "Use me for a bait hive floor!" whenever I walk past.

Is there any obvious reason not to do so? I can't actually see me using them for much unless for some strange reason I want a waterproof worksurface that isn't a piece of kitchen worktop, but equally I'm loathe to take them to the tip if I can find another use as they almost certainly can't be recycled.

James

[1] Wife Acceptance Factor

[2] I will never have tiled shower walls ever again.

Latest posts

Back