Hive Inspection Software

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been using it for a while now.

The only thing I don't seem to be able to do properly is uniting. I designate a hive to unite and it archives it without asking for a destination.

Apart from that its a great bit of software.

Keep on going sphex :)

P.s I have raised this in feed back a while ago.

I've been having a play.

If I split Hive 1, I create Hive 2, but the fields that indicate Hive 2 came from Hive 1 are not updated (i.e. parent/child still blank). Feature or bug? Or incompetent user?

I've been having a play.

If I split Hive 1, I create Hive 2, but the fields that indicate Hive 2 came from Hive 1 are not updated (i.e. parent/child still blank). Feature or bug? Or incompetent user?

Bug, I think. There seem to have been a couple of issues with splitting and merging recently. I'm investigating!

This looks like a great site and could be extremely helpful to me. One thing which would be even more helpful to me would be the facility to have a sort of 'plan view' of the apiary showing where each colony is sited. I am not very good at remembering the names of each hive in relation to the others when I am back at home (especially after some recent repositioning because of artificial swarms, etc) so I have a wall of carefully-positioned post-it notes driving my wife mad in the office. Being able to select a hive not just by name but by thinking, 'the one second from the end on the west side', for instance, would be great. (I know it says I only have 3 colonies in my info, but I also raised 3 nucs this year at the same time and it was a real headache remembering what to do to each one at the right time!)

This is an excellent site! I use it on a regular basis. I don't know how I'd keep my notes in order, otherwise! It's well worth the minimal yearly fee!!

Ive been using it for a while now.

The only thing I don't seem to be able to do properly is uniting. I designate a hive to unite and it archives it without asking for a destination.

Apart from that its a great bit of software.

Keep on going sphex :)

P.s I have raised this in feed back a while ago.

Right. It would be nice if it would not automatically archive a hive after it's been combined. I'm working around that, but it is a slight pain. Other than that, I love the site. Kudos!

Right. It would be nice if it would not automatically archive a hive after it's been combined. I'm working around that, but it is a slight pain. Other than that, I love the site. Kudos!

Hi Monie,
I'm currently trying to work out a better way of handling united colonies, but rest assured it will be improved.

Hi Matt,
I've just registered on your website. I think it's an excellent system - good luck with it. I'm sure I will be spending many of the coming weeks fiddling around with it!
Just for the record - I don't see the problem with posting technical advice here - after all, your software is available for free and as far as I can see will be of great benefit to many beekeepers. Surely sharing knowledge for the good of beekeeping should be encouraged and if you make a few quid along the way then good luck to you.

I have also signed up to beetight and also hivetracks.

Must say I prefer the look and feel of beetight and if I expand next year, will consider paying for the full version. After all, it isn't much whether it is $15 or £15.

Hi
Sorry I'm late in joinimg but I think the app is great. How do I get the weather bit to work though?

Easy b

sorry - i was under the impression that the app pulled in info from weather app automatically.

Eb

It does.

Saves weather data at the time you input the inspection.

But you have to go to 'New Inspection' via the little magnifying glass at the far right of each hive under the 'Hives' list on the main menu to get the wx to come up automatically. Drove me mad finding that out!

But you have to go to 'New Inspection' via the little magnifying glass at the far right of each hive under the 'Hives' list on the main menu to get the wx to come up automatically. Drove me mad finding that out!

Ahhh - thanks for that. It's been driving me mad too - now I know how to do it!!not worthy

Hi Matt, I like the look of this software you've developed. I found this old thread about bee keeping software, but I'm just starting bee keeping this year so adding a comment. As a technical project manager in my day job, i like to keep track of details and from the sounds of things this is a good app to do that. My wife actually found your website via a search engine and forwarded the link to me, then I looked up related posts on the forum. I've signed up to the free version as I'm only getting a couple of hives. Sounds great that the weather is automatically updated when posting an inspection. I'm sure I'll find a lot more useful about it. Thanks in advance for developing this website!

Back