Hive heater! any thoughts......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep....definitely on mind altering drugs...
Can't even write sensible statements.

Reptile heaters are water proof easily available; I have used one now and again under a small nuc/mini-nuc.

I'm not your "friend" ;)
You seem to be floundering with your primitive trolling attempts.
Better luck next time.

Back to the OP the shop ships from Poland. On ebay Ukrainian device 323537750026
The Chinese have a similar device which I mentioned a few years ago 281775637058
Or as Finnie says terrarium heaters
Or as JBM, Heidi's heater bees.

Eighteen months ago, this thread raised the question of using low power heaters to get queens laying eggs earlier than would otherwise be the case.

Did anybody follow up on this and use a heater for earlier brood? Finnie, my lovely, how much do you think your heaters bring forward the (drone) brood in Finland?

I'm investigating early drone-flooding for a breeding apiary and wondered whether heaters in a couple of hives would get those bees ready for drone production earlier.

CVB

Last edited:
This guy uses heat boxes. Believe he’s using a ceramic IR bulbs and an inkbird controller.

Eighteen months ago, this thread raised the question of using low power heaters to get queens laying eggs earlier than would otherwise be the case.

Did anybody follow up on this and use a heater for earlier brood? Finnie, my lovely, how much do you think your heaters bring forward the (drone) brood in Finland?

I'm investigating early drone-flooding for a breeding apiary and wondered whether heaters in a couple of hives would get those bees ready for drone production earlier.

CVB
Going with DerekM on this,
Perhaps close up the ventilation....
/ feeder holes in the crownboards and get insulation into the roofs
Possibly start them off with a 1:1 thin sugar syrup stimulative feed
As out Finnish Bee Gurus said:
Laari laari laa, vaari muorin saa, kaikuvi suloinen Corwallin maa.
Which roughly translates as... It is warm in March in Cornwall ( mostly)

Chons da

This guy uses heat boxes. Believe he’s using a ceramic IR bulbs and an inkbird controller.

He was also " expressed disappointment" in his FlowsHive honey harvest!

We call the Inkbirds ST1000 controllers BTW now with heating and cooling capabilities in one unit

Interesting stuff all the same!

He was also " expressed disappointment" in his FlowsHive honey harvest!

We call the Inkbirds ST1000 controllers BTW now with heating and cooling capabilities in one unit

Interesting stuff all the same!

I started watching the first video and after about 10 minutes, I'd lost the will to live. Maybe a telescopic roof made of 50mm Celotex is the answer?

CVB

I started watching the first video and after about 10 minutes, I'd lost the will to live. Maybe a telescopic roof made of 50mm Celotex is the answer?

CVB
Yeah, but what about the face he accidentally made with the boxes at 22 mins in Part 2?

A serious effort there with building it and he clearly enjoyed it:geek:.

Latest posts

Back