• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hive for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Lane

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I have more than 100+ hives and other equipment for sale as I have totally changed over to Langstroths this year. They are mainly Nationals with a small number of Commercials, 14 x 12's and Smiths. I would like to sell as complete hives to include Floor, Brood box, Crown board, two, three or even four supers (all castellated) and a roof. They are used but in good condition and have been treated with Cuprinol this year.
There will be NO frames or drawn wax with these hives.

Please PM me for contact details to negotiate price.

KENT AREA.

Hives for sale

Just to keep you up to date, as they are selling very fast. So if you are thinking of waiting until Spring you may be out of luck.
Only four 14 x 12's left, Smiths are going well as I can offer more supers with this hive. How about an early Christmas present!!

Regards Mike

Glad to here that its going well.

Are any Smiths going south? its just that we have a few smith users around my area.

Quite a few Smiths going up to the Bedford area and some to Cheshire is that still South. Nationals are still the most popular, some what suprised that I still have 15 Commercials and four 14 x 12's left as I always liked the bigger frame for easier swarm control.

Regards Mike

Hi just a quick update
Commercials going well now that Cristmas is well and truly done. I guess bekeeping classes are under way as lots of enquiries from new beginners, thats great to see the interest. I still have some Nationals if anyone is interested, a few Smiths and Commercials and 2x14"x12"'s. I do have a lot of odd Smith gear left, over 100 supers, 25 -30 new metal roofs, loads of crownboards and Q excluders and 20ish wooden top feeders that I wouls like to see go as a job lot to someone who would make good use of them

Regards Mike

Last edited:
Hi there
Yes still have a few hives left for sale, but going fast PM me and we can arrange something.
regards Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply but I've now got the chance of a hive a little closer to home. Thanks again for the promt reply.

Naughtdog

Hi Naughtydog
Good luck to you mate, I hope you have got a good hive and have a successful year.
Regards Mike

Hi Mike,
I just sent you a PM, but it's not showing in my sent mail so I'm just checking it arrived.

Matt

Update
No more 14 x 12's as now all sold. I still have Nationals, Commercials and a few Smiths left.
Regards Mike

Hi All
Christmas is nearly here, looking for another hive or two?

PM me for Nationals and a few commercials left,

Loads of Smith supers, make me an offer.

Regards Mike

I have more than 100+ hives and other equipment for sale as I have totally changed over to Langstroths this year. They are mainly Nationals with a small number of Commercials, 14 x 12's and Smiths. I would like to sell as complete hives to include Floor, Brood box, Crown board, two, three or even four supers (all castellated) and a roof. They are used but in good condition and have been treated with Cuprinol this year.
There will be NO frames or drawn wax with these hives.

Please PM me for contact details to negotiate price.

KENT AREA.
Mike.
I’m trying to get started and need to get a pair of commercial hives for next year.
I completed a beginner’s course and have somewhere to put them.
Can you confirm if you have two complete hives for sale and what is your best price?
Thanks Tom

national hives

hi mike tried to pm didnt work anyway iam interested in some nationals iam in ashford 28-29-30 nov, can you tell me what timber they are made from are the floors open mesh and a price regards rourkie

hi mike.

if you dont mind me asking, how did the change over go? we have been thinkin about changing all our hives to langstroth, but we are a bit worried that we will lose out on our honey crop.

Hi Mike,
Don't suppose you have any commercials left, do you?

Latest posts

Back