Hive attack!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manek

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well, at my first check on the bees after the pre-Christmas vape, they're alive and flying. But on one side of one of my two hives, something has been chipping away at the hive. What do you think?
Hive attack.jpg

There are scratches lower down from claws too. No scale in the picture but I would worry about the early probing of green wood peckers regarding the tap holes. Get them covered before they rip through the side of the hive if the sizing is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are scratches lower down from claws too. No scale in the picture but I would worry about the early probing of green wood peckers regarding the tap holes. Get them covered before they rip through the side of the hive if the sizing is right.

That will be the Peckers nails..;)

We get greens in the garden after ant nests but they haven’t found the hives yet. Once they do find the bee hives and figure out what to do it is said it will happen year on year without protection.

Scratches could be claw marks and holes are from the beek. Green woodpecker would be my assumption.

Latest posts

Back