Hi new here swarm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi new here as a member but been here awhile .so iv court swarm today in poly nuc maisemore with 2frames inside also block bottom vent up that was the setup to get them in the came in at 5 o’clock . So when should I put the rest of the frames in and unblock the vent?what a sight it was fantastic. also getting my main hive Thursday thanks a lot 🐝

Attachments

• IMG_0868.MOV
    38.4 MB
Thanks for reply The mesh floor I blocked it up for a swarm trap. The door is open so put other frames in now

Thanks for reply The mesh floor I blocked it up for a swarm trap. The door is open so put other frames in now

Good

How have you blocked the mesh floor? From inside or from outside? If from outside, just take it off whenever. If inside, that's trickier - no rush - take it out when you do an inspection which won't be for a while.

Yes from out side so easy. can I put the frames in in the dark girlfriends gone out and they’re in the boot of the car and she won’t be back for 25 minutes thank you

Yes from out side so easy. can I put the frames in in the dark girlfriends gone out and they’re in the boot of the car and she won’t be back for 25 minutes thank you

Why are they still in the boot of your car? They need ventilation

No, don't add frames in the dark, but get them out of the car, and remove the mesh floor cover, so they can get some air through the ventilation holes

Add frames tomorrow

No, don't add frames in the dark, but get them out of the car, and remove the mesh floor cover, so they can get some air.
There’s 11 in a box I’ve just received them a week ago I was at my mum’s house and I put them in the boot earlier

No, don't add frames in the dark, but get them out of the car, and remove the mesh floor cover, so they can get some air through the ventilation holes

Add frames tomorrow

I'm sure he means the frames are in the car not the bees ( I hope )...

Congrats on the swarm :) I caught a swarm last week and was advised to keep the floor solid / mesh blocked until the queen was laying and everyone was comfortable!

Oh the excitement! The interest levels of everyone around really peak with a swarm! Much more than when you just buy a NUC of bees!

If it's prime swarm it may be too big for the nuc. Come back and tell us what it looks like inside when you put the frames in. If you can't see the inside for bees they might need a full size hive.

Just been in They look like they already About Drawn out the two frames and started abit on the roof I would say there is easy 4 frames of bees if not 5 Think I need main hive Might be in trouble because I haven’t got one yet

Just been in They look like they already About Drawn out the two frames and started abit on the roof I would say there is easy 4 frames of bees if not 5 Think I need main hive Might be in trouble because I haven’t got one yet

Don't worry, just get those 4 frames of foundation in it will give them something to do

It's good that you got in this morning, otherwise they would have drawn lots of wild comb off the roof

Get that hive ordered though!

Thanks Okay so everything is looking good. Going to try and pick up hive in the next few days just seen bees going in with pollen

Latest posts

Back