Hi from Worcester

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApiarIAN

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi all - another newbee here from the Worcester area.

No bees just yet as I’m using this year to study and learn and prep. I’ve booked a weekend course for August and plan to attend the local BKA region “taster” sessions as often as my schedule allows.

Planning on starting with two national hives at the bottom corner of the garden that gets the morning sun and then from there who knows :cool:

I’m sure I’ll have a heap of questions as we go along and looking forward to getting started, thank you in advance to those kind enough to share their wisdom.

Welcome to the forum. Have a good look around and get to know us. There is plenty of advice on starting a garden apiary. Post your questions in the beginners section.

Welcome, please do plenty of research on garden apiaries. Bees have bad hair days that can affect garden use and neighbour understanding! You cannot always say where your swarms will set up home!

:iagree:
Anybody planning bees in an allotment or their the garden if they have neighbours must factor in an alternative site right from the beginning.

Thanks all - we are lucky that we live in a tiny village and have understanding neighbours who have large gardens and great separation of their properties from the boundary lines with little to no gardening activity going on near the adjoining fences. Hopefully this will all work out OK but, as you say, research is king and that's what this season is all about :cool:

Latest posts

Back