Hi from South Derbyshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget Grandad

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi My name is Alan,

Have just got first colony so will be on this forum quite often looking for advice. I will try do as much research as possible before asking questions, as I suppose all the answers will be on here somewhere.

Regards Alan

:welcome:
There are lots of answers here;often to the same question;some right,some wrong and some plain crazy.

Welcome. I am in a similar position but still trying to catch a swarm as bees are in short supply for now.

Welcome both. We should be entering peak swarm season. Why not join your local association so that you are on the list?

Hi and welcome, good to see another from the shire :)

hello neighbour

HI
Welcome, I'm in the shire too and not too far from you - I went to the Allitt when a lot younger.
I've just got my first nucleus.
I tried to join Burton BKA but despite an email to the treasurer and a phone call to the chairman I haven't heard anything, though he promised a joining pack! - they are having an open meeting at Etwall on the 10th June 7.30pm so I might go. (info from their website) Sadly I have heard others have had the same experience when trying to join.
So I 'm doing a course with south staffs - they are lovely, based at Rugeley (good website ssbka)
Derbyshire BKA meets at Crich 1st Tuesday in the month.
Good luck
Pendragon :welcome:

Hi Pendragon .Sorry for late reply been so busy. We will be at Crich tonight and Etwall on the 10th.

We are Members of Derby and Burton, so maybe we can meet up at one of them.

Regards Alan

:welcome: Alan

from the Mines of Morior.

Lots of trolls around :)

Latest posts

Back