Hi from Powys!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello,

I am a new beekeeper just starting out on my second year. I am looking to expand from the single colony I currently have and I can't wait to get going!

I'm hopeful this year brings the opportunity for some practical hands-on learning from other beekeepers too.

Looking forward to getting involved,

Robin

Thanks.

It certainly is, I'm only 20mins from knighton myself.
There is a good bee keeping group in Knighton. They are not affiliated to anyone, just meet up for a pint, in normal circumstances, a couple of times a year and talk about bees. They have a sharing system for extractors and things if you pay some money towards upkeep but otherwise free. Useful if you get in trouble or want swarms etc. Pm me if you want any details.

There is a good bee keeping group in Knighton. They are not affiliated to anyone, just meet up for a pint, in normal circumstances, a couple of times a year and talk about bees. They have a sharing system for extractors and things if you pay some money towards upkeep but otherwise free. Useful if you get in trouble or want swarms etc. Pm me if you want any details.

Well that's good to know. I'll drop you a message, thanks!

Great to hear of so many beekeepers around here :Wales_flag: I can see Llandod from our garden (only been here 15 months - had lived down around Llandeilo, Carms, since 1981 but with COVID raging haven't had time to explore yet) and my thanks to @enrico for previously supplying info about the beekeeping group. I haven't made contact with them so far as I hate wearing a mask on the phone and my family's told me not to talk to anyone without a mask on ;) but certainly will as soon as it seems safe to meet up with folk again.

Great to hear of so many beekeepers around here :Wales_flag: I can see Llandod from our garden (only been here 15 months - had lived down around Llandeilo, Carms, since 1981 but with COVID raging haven't had time to explore yet) and my thanks to @enrico for previously supplying info about the beekeeping group. I haven't made contact with them so far as I hate wearing a mask on the phone and my family's told me not to talk to anyone without a mask on ;) but certainly will as soon as it seems safe to meet up with folk again.

Hi, You would be most welcome to join our Association Brecknock and Radnor BKA About B&RBKA & Membership application
We normally have various events through the year but like everybody we are having to respond to current situations accordingly. We are, for example due to start our beginners course using Zoom to deliver the theory part and perhaps provide local mentoring to help with practical.

Hi, You would be most welcome to join our Association Brecknock and Radnor BKA About B&RBKA & Membership application
We normally have various events through the year but like everybody we are having to respond to current situations accordingly. We are, for example due to start our beginners course using Zoom to deliver the theory part and perhaps provide local mentoring to help with practical.

Hi @Buzby @RichardBeeW,

I look forward to meeting you both in due course! I am a member of BRBKA since last summer and am signed up for the beginners course though I'm looking forward to actually meeting people as soon as it becomes possible!

Latest posts

Back