Hi from Brighton

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot in this forum and found some great information and advice.
After 28 years persuading the wife, as I need to keep the hive in our garden, I eventually got the green light, and am now up and running with the help of a local beekeeper.
I think I'm lucky in that I seem to have a lovely passive hive, which was from a relatively local source, and I am able to get very close to watch the hive and the activity. I'm thoroughly enjoying my new friends after such a wait. The honey if any this year will simply be a bonus.
As I said previously keep up the good work, great forum :)

Hi Ho Silver - you're away. After such a long wait you should really appreciate having bees. Welcome to the best beekeeping forum anywhere...

Hi, welcome and good luck. Keep us in touch with how it's going!
Have a read of my blog for a few giggles and pointers!
E

As Chair of Brighton & Lewes bee keepers...I give you a big welcome.

If you have yet to see our web site http://www.brightonlewesbeekeepers.co.uk/ give it a go.
Need any advice , just call us. and we do discount offers occasionally for our members.
But a warning.. it is addictive... and a wonderful 'hobby' .

Hi Heather
I do intend joining up with the local association, and understandably with the Covid situation I realise that all meeting have been cancelled for the foreseeable future, however I hope to attend and join when its all back up and running again.

Lockdown was spent doing a great deal of research and topping up my reading and understanding of the subject, although I am very aware that you will always keep learning and understanding these clever little creatures, so I will look forward to meeting you hopefully very soon.

Latest posts

Back