Hi everyone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PennyB

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I'm a new beekeeper in Kent. Did my beekeeping course last year. My story so far. Received my first swarm last Wednesday evening by Friday they had left!!! Clearly didn't like my hive. Had the opportunity of a nuc. Arrived last night, nuc was left on my hive stand overnight. This morning the bees are flying around the entrance. Hope they are just orientating themselves and not planning to fly off again. As I have a Langstroth and the nuc is national, the frames are different so tomorrow night after work the frames are going to be adapted to merge them somehow. Chap from beekeeping group is coming to help thank goodness. After that I will be on my own as there other people in the group are not near enough to me

Hope all your bees are doing ok so far and that you get lots of honey.

After that I will be on my own

Hi PennyB - au contraire - you'll have loads of people on here more than willing to help you - albeit virtually rather than in person. :icon_204-2:

Remember though - for all the advice on here (Good and bad) the final choices you make are your own - and don't usually need to be rushed. (Particularly destroying queen cells)

:welcome:

Hi PennyB - au contraire - you'll have loads of people on here more than willing to help you - albeit virtually rather than in person. :icon_204-2:

Remember though - for all the advice on here (Good and bad) the final choices you make are your own - and don't usually need to be rushed. (Particularly destroying queen cells)

:welcome:

But please try and ask before you do something if you are not sure!
Oh and get two of everything because you will need it! Including full hives of bees, and then of course you want four of everything :icon_204-2:
Welcome
E

But please try and ask before you do something if you are not sure!
Oh and get two of everything because you will need it! Including full hives of bees, and then of course you want four of everything :icon_204-2:
Welcome
E
Thank you for the advice.

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your bees.

Back