Hi all

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiers

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all I live in sunny Kent and plan to get a hive started next spring just started learning and the more I read the more interesting the subject becomes.plan is to spend this year learning and building as much equiptment as I can ready for next year

Hi all I live in sunny Kent and plan to get a hive started next spring just started learning and the more I read the more interesting the subject becomes.plan is to spend this year learning and building as much equiptment as I can ready for next year

Welcome ... very sensible plan - the time you spend on research and learning between now and next spring will pay you back a hundredfold once you get some bees. It's a great hobby ... and this is a good forum (If a little diverse !).

I agree! Mainly as I have found my bees read different books ;) Believe me in a few years you will wonder which books they ARE reading :)

Welcome!

Strong suggestion that you join one of your local associations (it should be very cheap if you don't have bees).
Visit a few before choosing which fits best and is worth your joining. Local beekeeping pals are a tremendous asset for a beginner.

Even visiting, you should be able to borrow protective clothing and get in amongst some bees - which I regard as kinda important BEFORE you spend any money towards getting your own bees!

Hi kiers wat side of kent are you

Thanks for the welcome And advice

Itma that was on my list of jobs to do wanted to get me holiday out the way first

Blackie I'm in Rochester

kent.

Hello Kiers. I live in Gravesend. and My Apiary is in Luddesdown. between cobham and cuxton. You're welcolme to come over some day.

Medway Beekeepers Association would certainly be the nearest

Latest posts

Back