Here's something good to come out of China for a change

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entertaining, but I wonder how many forest fires it will create.

And talking of creativity, closer to home we can see the evolving French response to the 'Frelon Asiatique'. For some years they have been using painball guns, the paintballs filled with insecticide. There are quite a few videos around showing the technique, this is one of the more recent ones:

So what happens when you combine a paintball gun with a drone?

Perhaps we should have a forum vote as to which of the various techniques looks to be the most fun (or merely the most effective)

Excellent stuff.
Both very good drone use is more technical and accurate with the high structures /nests., where as the paintball gun if nest is within range seems much more fun. Location and area is dependent on which may be safer to use in regards of the public at large.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff.
the paintball gun if nest is within range seems much more fun. Location and area is dependent on which may be safer to use in regards of the public at large.
Saw someone posting about that on some facebook page this morning - His name keeps cropping up in my nightmares, I recall only a couple of years ago some of his ramblings were worrying, especially for a self proclaimed Pest Control operative - it was pretty obvious he didn't even seem to have much of a clue about Asian Hornets or insects in general.
reminds me of my grandfather telling me of the time the 'Buffalo Bill Wild West Circus' came to town, in his words....
"Clowns and Cowboys"

Having been hit by many a paint ball, I am aware they pack quite a punch, so I wonder how many of the pest controllers paint balls go right through and out the other side?

Latest posts

Back