Herbal treatment of varoa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEEBEGIN

New Bee
Reaction score
Headbourne Worthy near Winchester,Hampshire.uk
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 plus TOP BAR 1
Hi All
Just been reading through most of the threads here on every ones thought etc on the treatment for for this disgusting might.
I am new to bee keeping like a lot of people are,but I have been using a herbal remedy for this since last year.
Both hives came through the winter,which I split into two so now making three hive and now a forth but that is a top bar hive.
Any way have just done a weekly check on all the hives and the average drop is one.
That I think is good?
I was put onto this treatment by a person who keeps bees for a living,both he and I think that more people should get to know about it and use it???
(my opinion,but who am I but a menial in this great big world)
RNGnot worthy

Yes the one I am usuing is supplied by HELIOS HOMOEPATHY and it is called 15MLS BEE VIRUS 30C Spray Liquid Rems. (25% alc.)
As all things works for some and not uthers.
And thank you Ellem for your bit i will take a look,although as I say I am happy with what I have.
RNG

This has been discussed on "another forum", and I think the remedy's full name is "Bee Virus and Varroa combination 30C" from the Helios pharmacy in Tunbridge Wells - it's not actually "herbal" but a homoeopathic remedy. - Various people have claimed great success using it, so it's certainly worth investigation!

Homoeopathy is under attack from the drug industry, and the usual claim is that because people who don't want it to work can't understand how it works, that it means that it can't (which is as unscientific as they claim homoeopathy to be).

In simple terms, homoeopathy is based on the theory that "like cures like" - if you have galloping bellyache, the remedy could be an incredibly dilute form of arsenic (which in a large dose would give you stomach pains) to act as a spur to the body to "fight back".

I haven't used the bee remedy, but over the years have used homoeopathy with great success, particularly on animals (which rather scotches the "placebo" effect claim)

One of the big things about it is that as the remedy is incredibly dilute, it fits with the "at least do no harm" ethic.

Last edited:
This has been discussed on "another forum", and I think the remedy's full name is "Bee Virus and Varroa combination 30C" from the Helios pharmacy in Tunbridge Wells - it's not actually "herbal" but a homoeopathic remedy. - Various people have claimed great success using it, so it's certainly worth investigation!

Homoeopathy is under attack from the drug industry, and the usual claim is that because people who don't want it to work can't understand how it works, that it means that it can't (which is as unscientific as they claim homoeopathy to be).

In simple terms, homoeopathy is based on the theory that "like cures like" - if you have galloping bellyache, the remedy could be an incredibly dilute form of arsenic (which in a large dose would give you stomach pains) to act as a spur to the body to "fight back".

I haven't used the bee remedy, but over the years have used homoeopathy with great success, particularly on animals (which rather scotches the "placebo" effect claim)

One of the big things about it is that as the remedy is incredibly dilute, it fits with the "at least do no harm" ethic.
Hi Brosville
Thank you for the input.Sorry I did not realise that it had been discused.
But yes I totally area with you that it has been under attack by the drug industry.
But as you say if it works then that is fact proven.
Well at least it works on my ladys.
What ever any one else says.(the proof of the pudding is in the eating)
RNG

Looked at the site and found this.

World Without Aids
Learn the disturbing facts from the medical experts themselves. Uncover the lies we have been sold about HIV and AIDS. Behind the greed and corruption at the highest levels and the thousands of needless deaths, discover the truth about the virus that never was! Investigative reporters Ransom and Day dismantle one of mankind's greatest fears.

£12.50

Which as far as I'm concerned makes them snake-oil salesmen. I'm very happy that you have a low mite drop, but I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Homeopathy has been proven numerous times not to work. It only serves to relieve naive people of their money.
As for the idea that at least it is so dilute it will do no harm, that is fine because you of course aren't giving a treatment but that in fact that is doing harm!

Homeopathy has been proven numerous times not to work. It only serves to relieve naive people of their money.
As for the idea that at least it is so dilute it will do no harm, that is fine because you of course aren't giving a treatment but that in fact that is doing harm!

err it does work.. On the mind of those taking it...the placebo effect.

"I can't work out how it works, therefore it can't" - sadly, there's one teensie drawback to that theory, - it may offend what people assume is their "scientific sensibilities", but most annoyingly, it does work - it works very well on animals (hardly the placebo effect), and if you look closely at all the claims "proving it doesn't work" they are usually funded by those with an interest in proving that it doesn't, and the tests are normally designed in such a way as to totally ignoring the way it works... ( in simple terms, they're not sledgehammers, forcing an effect, far more a subtle "prod" to get the system to heal itself)
I've used a local vet for many years who is not only a highly qualified conventional 'vet, but also one of the country's leading homoeopathic vets, and he's refreshingly honest - he sceptically tried it out on cases where nothing in his conventional armoury would work - to his amazement he found that in many cases, it did precisely what was claimed of it, and most of his practice is now solely homoeopathic.
It's had a long history (discovered by Samuel Hahnemann in around 1790) - and is very widely used on the continent - in France it's "mainstream" and most "pharmacie" will offer herbal and or homoeopathic remedies alongside conventional ones, and it's part of the state system of medicine. Sadly in this country, Big Pharma rules, and they put a lot of effort into discrediting all other therapies so that they maintain control over all health care... At which point it is very apposite to mutter about "at least do no harm", which is about the last thing that they can claim.
I'm certainly not naive, and will happily pay reasonable sums for homoeopathic remedies/treatments where appropriate - I know they work, I've seen it with animals many, many times, and have felt quite startling effects myself from what are on the face of it, incredible dilutions of material.
If you choose to disbelieve, then that is your free choice, but would suggest that many do so not from actually having tried it for themselves, but from blind prejudice.

"I can't work out how it works, therefore it can't" - sadly, there's one teensie drawback to that theory, - it may offend what people assume is their "scientific sensibilities", but most annoyingly, it does work - it works very well on animals (hardly the placebo effect), and if you look closely at all the claims "proving it doesn't work" they are usually funded by those with an interest in proving that it doesn't, and the tests are normally designed in such a way as to totally ignoring the way it works... ( in simple terms, they're not sledgehammers, forcing an effect, far more a subtle "prod" to get the system to heal itself)
I've used a local vet for many years who is not only a highly qualified conventional 'vet, but also one of the country's leading homoeopathic vets, and he's refreshingly honest - he sceptically tried it out on cases where nothing in his conventional armoury would work - to his amazement he found that in many cases, it did precisely what was claimed of it, and most of his practice is now solely homoeopathic.
It's had a long history (discovered by Samuel Hahnemann in around 1790) - and is very widely used on the continent - in France it's "mainstream" and most "pharmacie" will offer herbal and or homoeopathic remedies alongside conventional ones, and it's part of the state system of medicine. Sadly in this country, Big Pharma rules, and they put a lot of effort into discrediting all other therapies so that they maintain control over all health care... At which point it is very apposite to mutter about "at least do no harm", which is about the last thing that they can claim.
I'm certainly not naive, and will happily pay reasonable sums for homoeopathic remedies/treatments where appropriate - I know they work, I've seen it with animals many, many times, and have felt quite startling effects myself from what are on the face of it, incredible dilutions of material.
If you choose to disbelieve, then that is your free choice, but would suggest that many do so not from actually having tried it for themselves, but from blind prejudice.
Hi Brosville
Our vet is at the moment using some Homoeopathic Tablets on our very old dog for his stiff rear legs and it is defiantly working he is now chasing and caching rabbits etc.
If people are trying to prove that it is a wast of money and time then surely then that is totally up to them.as far as I can see it defiantly works on my hives??
RNG

OK Beebegin, when you used the homeopathic treatment on your hives what was the mite drop straight after using? How long did high mite drop persist for? Did you set aside a negative control hive and a positive control hive using a recognised treatment?
Do you know your average weekly mite drop before using etc, do you use any other treatments - drone culling, icing sugar or whatever?

It REALLY hacks off the sceptics when it works..........:rofl:

"How dare it work - prove it, I don't believe you, it's all imagination....:rofl:

But had they used a product from Bayer, and the mites disappeared, it would, of course prove conclusively that "Zyklon Bayerbee" works.......:rofl:

Sad really!

It REALLY hacks off the sceptics when it works..........:rofl:

"How dare it work - prove it, I don't believe you, it's all imagination....:rofl:

But had they used a product from Bayer, and the mites disappeared, it would, of course prove conclusively that "Zyklon Bayerbee" works.......:rofl:

Sad really!
Yes Brosville,
It does seem to
,I am not even going to bother to reply to some one with a totally negative attitude like he seems to have?????
Da.

That's a commendable attitude. I say it works so I don't need to prove it.
Well I waved a magnet over my hive yesterday and so far it has killed every mite inside. Do you believe me?
I gave you a chance to prove the product works by showing some numbers but you choose to ignore it. For all I know you had a very low number of mites to start with, had a long brood less period or simply haven't a good method of counting mites..

Back