Help with a book needed.....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
150 +
Hi all,
Does anyone have a copy of this book that they would wish to part with ?
BREEDING TECHNIQUES AND SELECTION FOR BREEDING OF THE HONEYBEE by Friedrich Ruttner.
I have downloaded a copy from the BIBBA (member) website but the download only has the text (no diagrams / pics etc). Plus, it can only be read whilst online (so it's not really a download but more of a link to the BIBBA website).
Your help would be very much appreciated peoples.....

Have you tried phoning Northern Bee Books yet? They have a huge stock of secondhand books.

re GuyNir's post. I often find myself scratching my head with regards to the prices often quoted for this small paperback. I have a feeling this price inflation started with someone making a mistake and thinking what they were selling was Ruttner's very different 'Queen Rearing' book (Apimondia) and then others came along and saw the high price and assumed it was right. Don't know if this is what happened but it's quite possible I think.

The book went up in price when it became a go to book for BIBBA members.
I'm sure I had a copy but cannot find it, I have the apimondia queen rearing book.
Not sure if I lent it to someone. Never mind.
Can't help sorry.

I have a copy but am not prepared to part with it as it was signed and given to me in 1988 by my now long departed friend Rev Eric Milner (who along with his brother Ashleigh) translated Ruttners work into English. It has 151 pages so not that small.

Back