Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

kronkie 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hi, I am a first year bee keeper and have a problem and hope someone can advise.
I have a this year queen which came with a nuc which has been working hard all summer and even gave me a few jars of honey this year.
My problem is I am treating with apiguard ( I put the 2nd treatment in yesterday) and on my inspection I found that there is no eggs,lava, or broad in the brood box.
The queen is still there and there are loads of bees, and the brood frames are loaded with stores.
Any ideas please.

Last edited:

Finman 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
No problem at all. It is still time to have brood in uk hives.

I live in Finland and I have brood too in some hives. A month ago all hives had at least one box full of brood. Our autumn is at least oner month ahead your autumn.

Young queen makes brood 2-3 weeks longer than one year old queen.

daveandtara 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hi, I am a first year bee keeper and have a problem and hope someone can advise.
I have a this year queen which came with a nuc which has been working hard all summer and even gave me a few jars of honey this year.
My problem is I am treating with apiguard ( I put the 2nd treatment in yesterday) and on my inspection I found that there is no eggs,lava, or broad in the brood box.
The queen is still there and there are loads of bees, and the brood frames are loaded with stores.
Any ideas please.
I'm certainly no expert but doesn't thymol based varroa treatment put queenie off for a short while?
Tara

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I am only a couple of miles from you and a few of my hives have only started to have eggs and uncapped brood in the last 4-5 days after Thymol treatment.

kronkie 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Thanks everyone, I shall sleep well tonight with the advice given.

Heather 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
And,after treating,you may want to put a drawn frame with least stores near the centre so when she is back on laying she has a frame to use- she usually likes to be in the middle.Dont let her find there is nowhere to lay.

Latest posts