help please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenp

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am still hopeful that there is a beekeeper out there in the West Cheshire/Whitchurch area that may be willing to do a hive inspection with me.My first hive and seems to be doing well but still not sure exactly what Iam looking at. eg Is it a queen cell or is it just the bees making comb where they should'nt--all those questions that to you old hands seem stupid.
Thanks in anticipation

Helen are you a member of you local BKA, there are usually many willing hands if you don't have any luck here.
BTW although there will be a few dissenters here, for the £25+ pa your local BKA is worth every penny.

Russ

thanks-have joined but as about to move to Cumbria have joined the Kendal branch and its a bit far at the moment to ask for helpfrom them.

Ya paid your sub so call the Sec and ask for a mentor?

PH

I am still hopeful that there is a beekeeper out there in the West Cheshire/Whitchurch area that may be willing to do a hive inspection with me.My first hive and seems to be doing well but still not sure exactly what Iam looking at. eg Is it a queen cell or is it just the bees making comb where they should'nt--all those questions that to you old hands seem stupid.
Thanks in anticipation

In the meantime, have you a digital camera? Questions like that can often get answered on here from a photo. Some on here advocate taking photos of the frames when you inspect, then you can look them over later cell by cell without keeping the hive open.

Back