HELP - My email account keeps sending junk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Chuckle*. btinternet.com email is outsourced to Yahoo. On the email front they're even bigger clowns than Hotmail. Some of the "free" email providers are better than others, but they all have a pretty poor reputation amongst people who run email systems for a living. Personally I reckon they're worth every penny you pay for them.

The "best" solution technically is usually to get your own domain name and find a competent service provider to host it for you. That way you can move between ISPs for your internet connection without losing your email address, and if the service provider handling your email turns out to be rubbish you can move that somewhere else too.

James

"get your own domain name and find a competent service provider to host it for you" - agree with that 100%, but most people can't be bothered/don't want to incur the expense, so most people are left with the choice of an "online" email provider like Gmail or Hotmail, or using the one given with your internet connection.
In the case of BTinternet being hosted by Yahoo, I'm obviously biased from the experience of dealing with spammers - fewer than 1% of applications for membership from Yahoo are genuine, those with Btinternet email addresses are kosher 99% of the time....

the free AVG has always done me well.. also Spybot is good

Latest posts

Back