The only instructions I can think of would cover cleaning, storage and actual use. These will vary for different models but for mine the following apply:
For cleaning the best is cold water. A power hose is particularly good for cleaning the cage. Avoid hot water as it can melt any wax and it then goes everywhere.
I have found it best to remove the legs before washing as the steel legs can rust were water is trapped between the legs and the main body of the extractor.
I store mine dry, legs off after cleaning, under a loose fitting poly sheet but I have heard of people smearing vaseline over them, but this seems a lot of work and mine has not suffered over the last 6 or so years.
In use set the height of the cage so the top bars of the frame are just below the lids. This is assuming the cage height is adjustable. If it is, there will be a couple of grub screws which you may need to turn the cage upside down to see.
The cage may rest on a ball bearing, no lubrication is necessary. Keep this ball bearing safe when not in use, I use an old asprin bottle with a few drops of olive oil in it as the ball is steel and will rust.
If you use Manley frames check they fit before you try extracting. If they don't fit you may be able to modify the cage or some people trim the bottom corners off each frame.
How you do the actual extracting depends on whether the extractor is being used radially or tangentially. A 9 frame extractor will be radial but you may have 3 screens to allow it to be used tangentially. The latter is good for brood frames if you find them clogged with honey and want to extract from them.
The uncapping etc you should find covered in various books and also on this forum.
Wow. Thanks everyone who bothered to try to answer my stupid question. The problem was that I couldnt dismantle it to clean it ready to use and that i was a bit nervous about the whole thing. To be honest I used a bit of common sense and it was not a problem to dismantle and as you all pointed out it is a bit obvious really and to tell the truth i probably worked it out more quickly without.
As far as actually using it, it was a lot easier that anything I have used before. I was just intimidated by the amount it had cost and a bit afraid to play with it! In the end i just blundered through in my usual way and only had one small disaster , when i managed to destroy a couple of frames that had some rape left in them by spinning them too fast. Obviously the wax and rape were so heavy thet the whole thing fell off the frame and landed in my honey at the bottom of the extractor and so I have a lot of wax to filter off now. With hindsight I shouldnt have put them in.
I didnt get a smuch honey off as I had hoped but it was a lot more than i could have got out using the hand cranked one.
I have a 9 frame- never dismantle to clean- just one hell of a hosepipe and COLD water. Rinse out well away from house or bees and wasps arrive by the bucketful!!! ( that is my husband headbutting the wall!)
Two very stubborn supers to extract and then that will be one of the jobs for today. I did take it to bits in the end and cleaned it really well but it had spiders and allsorts of muck in it. When i clean it today I will try to do it without taking it to pieces. Thanks for the advice.
From a previous thread on here, someone recommended/suggested a pressure washer. Err, after removing the electrics first.
That is what I did to mine. Motor drive off (two nuts with washers and a grub screw), cage out, ball bearing out, and a good scrub from a distance (I still got 'damp'). It took as long to set up and clear up the pressure washer, than the rest of it.
I was just intimidated by the amount it had cost
Mine has the cheaper plastic cage and cost well less than £250 (Lega, manufactured in Italy) so I am now delighted at the prices charged now. In ten years time, you wiil likely feel the same!