Help - looking to gain beekeeping experience near Wakefield

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dac2903

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi
I'm trying to find a mentor so I can spend a year learning before I take the plunge into bee keeping but im struggling. I've tried to join a local group but they seem not to want new members or even to respond to emails.
I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
Any suggestions??

Hi
I'm trying to find a mentor so I can spend a year learning before I take the plunge into bee keeping but im struggling. I've tried to join a local group but they seem not to want new members or even to respond to emails.
Any suggestions??
Join your local BKA at My blog – Just another WordPress site. Their website was down a minute ago but have a go later and then you will be able to find all the advice and mentoring that you might think you need.

I've tried to join my local BKA but they aren't responding to emails or messages.

I've tried to join my local BKA but they aren't responding to emails or messages.
the link I sent gave other contact points. Just hang in there as the local BKA is definitely the place to go for you. Try the local phonebook?

Hi
There website has been down for over 4 weeks now. I've emailed and messaged the person again. I've also emailed barnsley and I might even try Leeds.

Hi
Any suggestions??
Move.

Someone may still help from this site. They are a good bunch. A bit far to travel to Somerset!

Try Barnsley. Just up the road and a very friendly helpful group

If you're north of Wakefield, Leeds (they meet in Templenewsam, so not too far off the M1), if you're south, Barnsley. Or persevere With Wakefield. They'll respond eventually.

Hi
Any suggestions??
Barkston Ash beekeeping association meet at Church Fenton. You could try them.

Depending which side of Wakefield you are there's also Huddersfield BKA to consider.

Latest posts

Back