help help help!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have just bought a queen cell back from my apiary. As I was putting it into the incubator (having assumed that it was about 10 days old like some that I squashed), it has just hatched. I have no bees at all here, bar this queen.

Does anybody know what temperature and humidity the incubator should be at for a newly hatched virgin? I can pop her into an Apidea in the morning, but do i need to give her a blob of honey tonight/now?

Thanks
mark

she will probably feed on whats left of the royal jelly in the base of her cell. a droplet of water might be taken, but not sure on that.

she needs a drop of queen cage candy, google it.

34 degrees C. and water.

PH

she needs a drop of queen cage candy, google it.

34 degrees C. and water.

PH

Thank you both to Poly and to Grizzly. And to Admin for setting this site up- if I had posted it onto the other site there would have been an argument about something for a month!

I remove them from the incubator as they emerge,cage on a comb and just keep in a warm place.they soon perish if left in the incubator.
Humidity in your incubator must be high,keep the water tray full all the time,vents slightly open.

Last edited:
At best I may have a piece of brace comb, and the cage is one of the 6" x 6" things, not the needle type. Otherwise, I have absolutely nothing at home. I have just taken every last drawn comb to make a split and they are miles away.

It will be fine until the morning,just give it some fondant with a drip of water on,or a tiny drop of dilute honey,and keep it warm.

Back