Help feral honey bees in chimney East Sussex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not a bee fan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have a hive/ colony of feral honey bees in my chimney. My daughter has been stung several times and the last sting resulted in a hospital visit yesterday. Can anyone help me get them out so I don't have to resort to killing them.

Why is your daughter being stung? And why now? The bees are less active at this time so is this a new property for you?

Removing them at this time of year is not too good for the bees.

PH

Hi
I'm just up the road from you. Happy to come around and have a look but its the wrong time to move, they won't survive.
Very soon they will not be bothering anyone and I can collect them in the spring, if you still want them removed.

Pete

Hi
the bees are very drowsy and crawling all over the carpets, beds and patio. She has stood on them and been stung in bed at night. We first noticed the hive colony last year and were told incorrectly by a pest controller that they would not come back to the hive after they had swarmed. They did swarm last year and we thought we would not see them again but they are back with more force this year

yes the chimney is used in the winter but the hive is between the brick of the chimney and the metal flue of the wood burner

Latest posts

Back