Hello

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimBee463

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi all,

I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Jim from East Devon and just looking to get into beekeeping.

I have a beginner course in a couple of weeks so I'm really looking forward to that. I've also been watching lots of YouTube videos (mainly the @Black Mountain Honey channel - thanks Laurence for some great content in your No Nonsense Beekeeping series, it's really inspired me!).

I'm a carpenter by background, although I've been in the Navy for 30 years, so I'm looking to make my own hives (I'm lucky enough to have a workshop at home with some decent tools). I'm erring toward the national hive on standard brood boxes as I think that's probably the most common from what I've seen.

Anyway, glad to have joined the forum (thanks for having me) and I'll hopefully be posting my experiences as I go, once I get set up and have a colony.

Cheers all and enjoy the lovely weather (well, it's lovely here in East Devon at the moment :) )

Welcome Jim, your carpentry skills will prove to be a real blessing for you. I hope it all goes well for you.

Hi Jim, are you attending the beginners course Exeter Beekeepers are running? Welcome to the forum

Welcome both of you ... the forum will help fill in any gaps in your knowledge once you have your bees and there's always someone around to answer questions ... feel free to ask, there's no such thing as a silly question. We all start in the same bewildering space once the bees arrive ... and then it gets worse before it gets better !

Back