Hello

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aitch

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi, With the encouragement of a friend, I'm going to start a beekeeping course in the spring. Already impressed by the wealth of knowledge on this friendly and welcoming forum. Looking forward to receiving tips and advice.

And we look forward to tails of your experiences.....?Hi.
E

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Fascinating subject and I'm really looking forward to it. SWMBO will also be taking the course. It lasts a year, beginning in the new year so we should get a full year's training and experience before we're let loose with our own hives.

Hi, With the encouragement of a friend, I'm going to start a beekeeping course in the spring. Already impressed by the wealth of knowledge on this friendly and welcoming forum. Looking forward to receiving tips and advice.

My usual advice to beginners: try and start with at least two hives.
- It's fun to compare progress
- If one fails (sadly quite common) you still have an ongoing hobby
- The weaker hive might benefit from brood donated from the stronger.
Also: budget for a reserve of spare kit e.g. likely to be needed for swarm control.

Welcome. I started this year and have found all on here helpful and a great community of knowledgeable like minded people.

Hi Quevy, we're in Amersfoort, slap bang in the middle of the country, just east of Utrecht.

Latest posts

Back