Hello from near Cardiff Airport

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi Beepeeps another Nubee here. I have been longing to keep bees the last ten years or so! Been waiting for the right time so I can devote my full attention to my girls. Started reading in earnest last winter "Get started in Beekeeping" by Adrian and Claire Waring, cover to cover plus many websites & Youtube - there are some crazy people out there! At least there appears to be a few brain cells here - I'll need that expertise. I've built my own hives (x2) plus supers etc (using national plans), a couple swarm traps in the spring and joined my local BKA. Then I waited, and waited, and waited - eventually they arrived thru a very experienced beek I have come to know over the last six months. A prime swarm, beautiful, good tempered girls and busy. They started with six frames and have now filled the brood box and I've put a super on to give them some room, fed them syrup to help draw out the comb. There appears to be barely any Varoa, they're just into their third week of Apiguard with no noticeable drop, maybe 5-6 a week, only 1-2 in the first 48hrs. Just hope they can make it thru the winter, the Ivy is just starting here so that should help and I put some syrup on yesterday so we'll see. So many questions, so much to learn, but it's been worth the wait. Great to be joining a group of such passionate, friendly, informed assylum seekers : )

:welcome: Alibees helps if you're a bit bonkers already

:welcome:

Bonkers? Rubbish... my voices tell me I am perfectly sane.

Bonkers is a bit harsh, just eccentric and welcome
PS we don't talk football here :biggrinjester:

Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome, It's OK I don't talk football, anyway prefer the beautiful game with odd shaped balls! Even if it does make you walk funny : )

Back