Hello from Cotgrave, Nottingham.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.Cookson

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 at the minute
Hi all,

New to it all, have no hive or bees as yet, doing my research and reading books etc.

Will be joining NBKA soon and hopefully next year will be starting out on this new and exciting venture with a hive in my garden.

Any beekeepers in my area need a hand at this busy time, I will be more than willing.

Welcome .... Sounds like a good plan to me. Busy six months learning and getting all your kit together and you will be well prepared to get your bees next spring and will then realise how pathetically small your knowledge really is ! And from then on - it get's worse ! This is a great forum for filling the gaps left by the books and the bees !!

:welcome:

Take every opportunity you can get to handle other people's bees ... you will get used to handling and stings and so be better prepared than many who start up with no idea..:eek:

You appear to be approaching it in a sensible way: learn all you can before you get bees. Then when things go wrong - as they do -at least you can ask informed questions...

Hi. Hope to see you at the NBKA meetings and apiary.

Hi ianorsven

I will keep an eye out for you, with regards the NBKA website I notice a lot of old or outdated info ie. dates for meetings & newsletters etc.

I have sent them an email regarding this but as yet received no reply.

Have you been to any meetings yet or visited the apiaries ?

Latest posts

Back