Hello from Beeston, Notts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieD

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hello all, just joined the forum usually keep up to 3 hives. i would like to know if anyone knows any good books or info on the British black bee please

Firstly welcome to the forum. Plenty of knowledge on this site alone. Pleasure to see a new face!

Hello StevieD, welcome to the forum.
I read your other post about your Buckfast experience, not nice. We had a member in Portugal who posted similar in a video, crazy bees, not safe to step outside. Thankfully, evil behaviour like that is the exception rather than the rule.
It doesn't matter what type of bee, they can all be gorgeous or vile. The important thing is you dealt with it, I've known many who (were too scared and) let it sort itself out and hope for better with the new queen. It does take courage, even if you are in armour, but it's a responsibility we should take seriously.
What are the local bees like in your area? Are they a predominantly black bee? Do you know anyone who keeps these bees and doesn't buy queens? What is their temperament like?
Drop me a pm if there's anything you want to ask.

Attachments

• 19G-BM-01 a.jpg
    19G-BM-01 a.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 19G-BM-01 b.jpg
    19G-BM-01 b.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 12
  • native nuc.jpg
    native nuc.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2020-SL-LF-01.jpg
    2020-SL-LF-01.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Welsh Native 02.jpg
    Welsh Native 02.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 14
Hello all, just joined the forum usually keep up to 3 hives. i would like to know if anyone knows any good books or info on the British black bee please
Hi Steve, good to meet you!, I’m in Cossall just up the road!. I’m down to one hive at the moment as I lost one in the autumn😢, cheers Simon

Back