Hello from Beeston, Notts

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

StevieD 

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hello all, just joined the forum usually keep up to 3 hives. i would like to know if anyone knows any good books or info on the British black bee please

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Firstly welcome to the forum. Plenty of knowledge on this site alone. Pleasure to see a new face!

Swarm 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
more than 30, less than 100.
Hello StevieD, welcome to the forum.
I read your other post about your Buckfast experience, not nice. We had a member in Portugal who posted similar in a video, crazy bees, not safe to step outside. Thankfully, evil behaviour like that is the exception rather than the rule.
It doesn't matter what type of bee, they can all be gorgeous or vile. The important thing is you dealt with it, I've known many who (were too scared and) let it sort itself out and hope for better with the new queen. It does take courage, even if you are in armour, but it's a responsibility we should take seriously.
What are the local bees like in your area? Are they a predominantly black bee? Do you know anyone who keeps these bees and doesn't buy queens? What is their temperament like?
Drop me a pm if there's anything you want to ask.

Attachments

Gardenshed37 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Hello all, just joined the forum usually keep up to 3 hives. i would like to know if anyone knows any good books or info on the British black bee please
Hi Steve, good to meet you!, I’m in Cossall just up the road!. I’m down to one hive at the moment as I lost one in the autumn😢, cheers Simon

Latest posts