Hello from beautiful South Down

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 20277

New Bee
Reaction score
Hi all from the AONB that is the Lecale. Santa brought me a hive, bee suit and the beginners bee keeping course so the time for procrastinating is over, a bee keeper I will be. I intend to keep native black bees. Also getting chickens, do bees and chickens get along?

Hi all from the AONB that is the Lecale. Santa brought me a hive, bee suit and the beginners bee keeping course so the time for procrastinating is over, a bee keeper I will be. I intend to keep native black bees. Also getting chickens, do bees and chickens get along?
Mine do and welcome.

:welcome:bee-smillieWelcome. You are now about to start a fascinating, testing, sometimes upsetting but ever satisfying and inspiring journey with your bees. They are worth the time and expense.

My hens like to chase and catch flies, but treat my bees with great respect

We have bees and ducks running beside each other with no problems except for pulling the odd sting out of their feet, if you are ever in the Mourne area let me know and i'll give you a tour, can take a few call ducks home with you too, all the best and good luck Darren. BT344SR.

:welcome:
I knew someone who kept his chickens in a wire enclosure and placed his hives on the flat roof above it. Access via a ladder. No evident problems.
Now if it was horses......

:welcome:
I knew someone who kept his chickens in a wire enclosure and placed his hives on the flat roof above it. Access via a ladder. No evident problems.
Now if it was horses......
I don't think you'd want to keep horses on a chicken shed roof

We have bees and ducks running beside each other with no problems except for pulling the odd sting out of their feet, if you are ever in the Mourne area let me know and i'll give you a tour, can take a few call ducks home with you too, all the best and good luck Darren. BT344SR.
Would that be flappy ducks or oven ready ducks :D. I wouldn't mind having a tour of your apiary later when we're out of lock down or inoculated. I'm in the vulnerable category so being very careful. We're BT307DZ

Latest posts

Back