Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Barfonne 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hi all from the AONB that is the Lecale. Santa brought me a hive, bee suit and the beginners bee keeping course so the time for procrastinating is over, a bee keeper I will be. I intend to keep native black bees. Also getting chickens, do bees and chickens get along?

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all from the AONB that is the Lecale. Santa brought me a hive, bee suit and the beginners bee keeping course so the time for procrastinating is over, a bee keeper I will be. I intend to keep native black bees. Also getting chickens, do bees and chickens get along?
Mine do and welcome.

Beegarden 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
:welcome:bee-smillieWelcome. You are now about to start a fascinating, testing, sometimes upsetting but ever satisfying and inspiring journey with your bees. They are worth the time and expense.

F.F.Stung 

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
My hens like to chase and catch flies, but treat my bees with great respect

biglongdarren 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
20+
We have bees and ducks running beside each other with no problems except for pulling the odd sting out of their feet, if you are ever in the Mourne area let me know and i'll give you a tour, can take a few call ducks home with you too, all the best and good luck Darren. BT344SR.

madasafish 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
8x Langstroth, a few Lang nucs,1x TBH, and about 17 mating mini nucs
:welcome:
I knew someone who kept his chickens in a wire enclosure and placed his hives on the flat roof above it. Access via a ladder. No evident problems.
Now if it was horses......

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
:welcome:
I knew someone who kept his chickens in a wire enclosure and placed his hives on the flat roof above it. Access via a ladder. No evident problems.
Now if it was horses......
I don't think you'd want to keep horses on a chicken shed roof

Barfonne 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
We have bees and ducks running beside each other with no problems except for pulling the odd sting out of their feet, if you are ever in the Mourne area let me know and i'll give you a tour, can take a few call ducks home with you too, all the best and good luck Darren. BT344SR.
Would that be flappy ducks or oven ready ducks :D. I wouldn't mind having a tour of your apiary later when we're out of lock down or inoculated. I'm in the vulnerable category so being very careful. We're BT307DZ

Latest posts