Hello from Bath

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wvwzzz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello everyone :)

Recently moved back to the UK after spending some time in Australia. I had two bee hives in Australia and it was so sad to say goodbye to them but I must say it's nice being back in the UK.

I recently had the opportunity to purchase 3 hives from a lady that was sadly unable to continue being a beek so I am working hard to give them a good home in my garden! It's great to be back into bee keeping, looking out of the window and seeing the bees on their approach paths to the hives. It looks like there are quite a few extra things to learn here like Varrora control and wintering.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_132213.jpg
    IMG_20210511_132213.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 51

Recently moved back to the UK after spending some time in Australia. I had two bee hives in Australia and it was so sad to say goodbye to them but I must say it's nice being back in the UK.

I recently had the opportunity to purchase 3 hives from a lady that was sadly unable to continue being a beek so I am working hard to give them a good home in my garden! It's great to be back into bee keeping, looking out of the window and seeing the bees on their approach paths to the hives. It looks like there are quite a few extra things to learn here like Varrora control and wintering.

Hi and welcome back from Aus why on earth would you come back😂 regarding the picture there appears to be little or no stores around that frame your holding you may wish to assess how much food they’ve got. It’s only one frame but it’s from the centre and it looks empty!!! I’d at least expect to see some wet cells around that brood.just a thought. Ian

Last edited:
Welcome from (currently) sunny Dorset 👍

How's everyone's hives around Bath doing? Have your bees started to cap any honey yet? I have been feeding my bees as they were quite low on stores, the populations of the colonies have increased nicely (decided to stop feeding them for now so they don’t swarm) however they are yet to bring in any significant quantities of natural nectar.

For the members around Bath, do we ever meet, I would love to get to know some fellow beekeepers. I have joined the local organisation but unfortunately, they are not meeting at the moment due to COVID.

Welcome. I’m just in Bath visiting and husband and I have just stood transfixed watching the peregrines on the spire of St. John the Evangelist. Magic.

Welcome. I’m just in Bath visiting and husband and I have just stood transfixed watching the peregrines on the spire of St. John the Evangelist. Magic.
There is a webcam. Look up the Hawk and Owl Trust. You can hear them calling during Mass and after the service find bits of discombobulated pigeon by the doors.

Yes already on it. My daughter in Berlin watches it too. I swap our peregrines with her Park Goshawks

Hello and welcome from the Vale of Glamorgan :nature-smiley-013::nature-smiley-013:

How's everyone's hives around Bath doing? Have your bees started to cap any honey yet? I have been feeding my bees as they were quite low on stores, the populations of the colonies have increased nicely (decided to stop feeding them for now so they don’t swarm) however they are yet to bring in any significant quantities of natural nectar.

For the members around Bath, do we ever meet, I would love to get to know some fellow beekeepers. I have joined the local organisation but unfortunately, they are not meeting at the moment due to COVID.

Personally I have plenty of honey coming in - not far from Bath. Have you joined Bath BKA ? I’m chairman of Melksham for the moment …

Plenty of good zoom meetings been on recently

S

Latest posts

Back