Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

Wvwzzz 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hello everyone :)

Recently moved back to the UK after spending some time in Australia. I had two bee hives in Australia and it was so sad to say goodbye to them but I must say it's nice being back in the UK.

I recently had the opportunity to purchase 3 hives from a lady that was sadly unable to continue being a beek so I am working hard to give them a good home in my garden! It's great to be back into bee keeping, looking out of the window and seeing the bees on their approach paths to the hives. It looks like there are quite a few extra things to learn here like Varrora control and wintering.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Attachments

E&MBees 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hello! I’m also in Bath. Where abouts are you?

Ian123 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Hello everyone :)

Recently moved back to the UK after spending some time in Australia. I had two bee hives in Australia and it was so sad to say goodbye to them but I must say it's nice being back in the UK.

I recently had the opportunity to purchase 3 hives from a lady that was sadly unable to continue being a beek so I am working hard to give them a good home in my garden! It's great to be back into bee keeping, looking out of the window and seeing the bees on their approach paths to the hives. It looks like there are quite a few extra things to learn here like Varrora control and wintering.

Looking forward to being part of the community!
Hi and welcome back from Aus why on earth would you come back😂 regarding the picture there appears to be little or no stores around that frame your holding you may wish to assess how much food they’ve got. It’s only one frame but it’s from the centre and it looks empty!!! I’d at least expect to see some wet cells around that brood.just a thought. Ian

Last edited:

The Poot 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Welcome from (currently) sunny Dorset 👍

jenkinsbrynmair 

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter