Hedgerow is playing with his computer AGAIN!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
yes it me the computer stupid, again twiddling his settings and making a pigs ear of it.

this time we want to know what do i use , when i try to watch a dvd on my laptop the computerand windows media player tells me that it cant , when i go into the internet help of windows it then tells me i have to have
MPEG-2 decoder which of course is at cost so what on the cnet site will do what i want easily

please remeber all answers have to use small words and be computer inpet:svengo:

PH - when I visited that link it displayed a message about my computer showing signs of virus infection and started to do things without my consent, claiming to be doing a 'free scan'.

Well it worked fine for me when I clicked the down load link. Did you click that or something else?

PH

Worked OK for me too (Linux). The original page with the download button took a moment or two to settle, and once clicked on the download button, the page was repainted with the free scan offer top left (ignore). There was a slight delay before my processor's download dialogue box popped up. All was well and the .exe file is in my download directory - ready for deleting. :)

I had the virus checker try to scan my computer until the avg software went mental, apart from that it has been dowl run it later, thanks for the tip, I am always scared of finding free down loads as evan at cnet you can pick up more than was expected

All I did was to take the file that you said you needed and Googled for it.

I am very suspicious when some one says they have to pay for a codec. They are usually free (in my limited experience) as other wise peeps cannot play the films which is a bit self defeating.

PH

I've seen several reports of these "free scan" things, they're used to download a trojan into your computer, and have friends who've had to resort to professional help to undo the damage - so be very careful........

OK this computer stuff is starting to get serious I am now outside mcdonalds being wiffy, thanks to several purchases my son has sorted his bested dad(4 big macs) and I am now getty wiffy all over the place evan if it is for 30 mins only, simpplees

The thoughts of Hedgerow Pete paying for IT consultancy services and wifi air time with big Mac burgers strikes fear into my heart. Is the former akin to putting children up chimneys to clean them and the latter a way to save on paying for the Media services of a Virgin near you? :)

Latest posts

Back