heating systems.............

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poggle

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
After carefully explaining to gentleman and his wife this morning about how bees cluster and vibrate to keep warm and what the temps can get to in a hive in the winter with said bees vibrating he says "I wonder if you could put pipes in there and get heated water out?".............I HAD to walk away.

During the war they used to power cars using a bag of gas on the roof. Maybe we could do the same in reverse with cows, bags to collect the methane which could then be emptied each milking time and pumped into the national grid. (please don't tell the alternative energy stazi this - it's the kind of daft idea they'd jump on!!) :D

The heat production of a normal bee cluster is 3-5 W

Last edited:
I still prefer the one about inventing a hive with a tap on the side.......................

he says "I wonder if you could put pipes in there and get heated water out?".............I HAD to walk away.

Maybe you were relating in the old scale and he was listening in the adopted standard (Celsius)?

Back