Heather Honey Press

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannah4365

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have just brought a very old heather honey press but it doesnt look right to me, it looks like somethings missing but i just dont know what. When i lift the press up there are two square lugs on each corner and i get the impression there should be something attached to this to tilt the press to allow the honey to run. as i show in the picture . if anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated

Is that press still ok for food production. It looks rusty to me.

Looks like the heather press i have, its made of tin. Would not be food safe. I could take some pick of mine, see if its missing anything?

rusty <> dirty
you can have clean and rusty. AFAIK rust in the quantities here isnt poisonous .
If it aint s/steel or food safe plastic it aint fit for purpose I'm afraid, clean or no!

John Wilkinson

Hello Hannah, mine is tin and i only used it for my-self hear are some pictures. I wont be using this year, there isn't much heather in Norfolk.

Hello Hannah, mine is tin and i only used it for my-self hear are some pictures. I wont be using this year, there isn't much heather in Norfolk.
Do you filter the honey through the riding boots ? :leaving:

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back