Heather honey 2022?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a little bit of heather honey that I have extracted. After a couple of weeks it still has a lot of air bubbles in the honey. Not too bothered as it is for personal use but curious how to remove these? Does it need warming up for a long period? Tried to put a jar of Heather honey in a bowl of hot water but didn't make much difference.

I had a little bit of heather honey that I have extracted. After a couple of weeks it still has a lot of air bubbles in the honey. Not too bothered as it is for personal use but curious how to remove these? Does it need warming up for a long period? Tried to put a jar of Heather honey in a bowl of hot water but didn't make much difference.
it won't.
If you manage to get the bubbles out of heather honey - it isn't heather honey, it's one of it's unique features, you can also tell whether it's pressed honey or loosened/extracted honey by the size of the bubbles

Anyone use the wooden fruit press for heather honey? The seem cheaper than a honey press, can’t see why they wouldn’t work?

Anyone use the wooden fruit press for heather honey? The seem cheaper than a honey press, can’t see why they wouldn’t work?
Yes I do you get a nice wax cake , I use nylon bags in the press

Latest posts

Back