Heads Up - Anglers Barrow at Aldi

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Sunday, Aldi will be selling an Anglers' Barrow/Trolley for £39.99. They don't give dimensions but it looks perfect for moving hives - https://www.aldi.co.uk/barrow-/p/071489069574500

Might be worth a look - mustn't forget to take a tape measure!

CVB

My apiary gate is a pretty close fit for a national box so the dimensions will be critical. Fingers crossed it will fit through as it will save a lot of carrying from hives to the barrow I presently use.

Could you please post dimensions?

Thanks for the heads up. I have some rather heavy supers to move and this looks ideal.
Free delivery when ordering online.
I have ordered one.

I've used them for years. My only recommendation would be search e-bay and buy one with twin wheels. The single wheeled versions (Like Aldi's) have a tendency to fall over if left on sloped ground.....as I know to my cost.

I've used them for years. My only recommendation would be search e-bay and buy one with twin wheels. The single wheeled versions (Like Aldi's) have a tendency to fall over if left on sloped ground.....as I know to my cost.

:iagree:

Wheel barrows are designed with a low centre of gravity with the load not exceeding over the top of the upper rim, put a heavy load above the rim and the whole thing becomes unstable, I would dread to think of one with a few full supers stacked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel barrows are designed with a low centre of gravity with the load not exceeding over the top of the upper rim, put a heavy load above the rim and the whole thing becomes unstable, I would dread to think of one with a few full supers stacked up

that goes for anything - try taking a load of supers on an all terrain sack truck - I limit mine to four, and then I strap them in place.

I've used one for a couple of years and its great, wouldn't be without it and it stays on my pick-up. They do topple easily though and I have lost the 'mud feet'. I keep saying I am going to change the back feet as they do catch on grass, hence the loss.
S

it does get a bit unwieldy but with care! plenty of hive straps!

I'm looking to upgrade to a four wheeler cart... or trailer on the back of my car If I don't get stuck in the field again in mud! or maybe new 4x4 landy!

and whilst I was in my bee suit, with barrow walking up the street, someone asked if there was a beekeeper in my village that sold honey!

Maybe they thought I was doing fancy dress!

Attachments

• beebarrow.jpg
    beebarrow.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back