Headbands. Tech, cotton or none?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itma

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Getting peeved with sweat running into my eyes (and onto my specs) while inspecting.

Before I go out and buy a headband, I wondered if anyone on here had opinions on the things (well, you do on everything else!)

What works for you?
Does anyone use a 'high tech' headband (like the "Sweat Gutr", or the "Halo II", or the one from Asos)?
How do they perform compared to plain old cotton?

Any other useful suggestions? (I think I might draw the line at Nico Rosberg's solution - as revealed at the Malaysian GP this year.)

A terry cotton one works well, under a cap. Don't know about the others.

Tea towel folded 4 times with the tails pulled out the back of a baseball cap.

gave up after 2 colonies today because of the heat and sweat. Meant to be 'cooler' tomorrow so will go then. Vaseline across the eyebrows like footballers should do it btw ;)

think I'll be trying a sweatband, after just collecting a swarm and sweating buckets

I also us terri cotton headbands made by dunlop. have one hanging up dryinh whilst using offer. From Sportds Direct.

Try a Buff copy off fleabag. £3 or so and can be adapted to create various forms of headware

I like the buff idea, unfortunately mine is a polar buff from when I rode bikes. Might make me a little warmer.

Latest posts

Back