Quantcast

Has anyone used Apikand fondant - currently reduced in price?

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Amari 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I forgot to add thymol to my syrup feeds in September, despite having some of the mixture in the fridge, left over from last year. A few of my hives are hefting a little light and I have just seen fondant-with-thymol reduced from £3/kg to £1.99/kg with Abelo. Has anyone used it?

victor meldrew 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I forgot to add thymol to my syrup feeds in September, despite having some of the mixture in the fridge, left over from last year. A few of my hives are hefting a little light and I have just seen fondant-with-thymol reduced from £3/kg to £1.99/kg with Abelo. Has anyone used it?
If they both contain thymol, the sticky one . If not they’ll leave the thymol laced one until they have no alternative?

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
I wouldn't bother with the thymolised one at this time of year - just get the baker's fondant on if they're light.

Latest posts