Has anyone extracted honey yet??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were one frame short when we added a super and forgot to go back and make one up - the bees made some free comb and so I removed it at the weekend and extracted about 6oz of honey - does that count?

Thought about it yesterday as it was forcast cold this week and i have heaps of full supers but none were ripe yet all very drippy, hope it warms up again otherwise i will have 100+ solid supers :ack2:

Extracted a full rectank on Monday - I think that is 15 kilos. 2 full supers + a few additional frames. Some were rock solid and have been fed back to the bees.

I am going to go through all of them again this weekend - it seems to be a knife edge between solid as a rock and drippy.

I've got a full super which I'm going to extract this weekend, especially as I have several cutomers asking me if I have any honey ready yet.
Also a second super on the same hive filling up nicely.

Hoping to or maybe have to this weekend!

Running out of kit otherwise, well ok kit that is made up and ready!

I took 1 supers worth last weekend (from 2 hives) and returned the wet frames to the colonies again. On inspection today those frames were partially filled already and I have another supers worth to remove this coming weekend from different colonies.

Very happy so far. :)

Is it OK to extract honey that hasnt been capped or will it ferment ?

We extracted a few overwintered frames a few weeks ago...1 frame then 2 more a few days later, and both lots completely different to the other.

going to be doing it this saturday (hopefully) with my dad :)

:nature-smiley-013:

130lbs from 4 hives, just finished.

Knackered.............

Ive got 2 full supers 2 extract theyve only just started 2 cap a frame or 2 but i held a couple horizontal and gave them a very good shake and not one drop came out.. Would it be ok to extract.. I dont want it to ferment but on the other hand i dont it to go solid in the frame

On the assumption it is OSR I would. Some of the supers that I extracted today that had been capped were starting to granulate.

Read the thread!

Post #11 is one which is particularly pertinent and from an experienced beek. If cr*p information is posted there are some of us that don't pussy-foot around - we simply give you the truth and point out the incorrect responses. Thurrock bees is not one that posts rubbish.

RAB

Latest posts

Back