• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Has anyone a mated queen available

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost my mated queen. Replacement required urgently
No local friend in your BKA to let you have a frame of bias? Might be a better option than hoping for a spare Q that might bring problems that other person wants rid of.

If your judgement is based on the fact that you have no brood and are unable to visually spot the Queen it doesn't mean that you are Queenless.
There may be a non laying Queen or a virgin Queen in there.
The marking paint may have been cleaned off the old Queen.
If you put a new Queen in there and it is not Queenless the bees will kill the new Queen.
Your other post suggests that there are a lot of bees in the hive, I think you estimated 50,000.
Wait till we get another warm day (15c or above), and take another look. Ideally get another beekeeper to take a look - fresh pair of eyes.
If still no Queen then add a frame containing eggs from another colony - if it is Queenless the bees will build Queen cells from this, in which case you can then decide to try adding a Queen or leave a Queen cell to hatch.
Beekeeping takes a lot of patience.

Lost my mated queen. Replacement required urgently
Get a frame of brood from a frame of brood, only way to be sure and also if you have lost the queen they can make another.

Gail hasn’t been on since her original post. She was in a conversation immediately afterwards so likely she is sorted. Just hope her diagnosis is correct.

We have overwintered queens available in Dorset and can post. If you definitely need one please feel welcome to send me a pm.
Hello I have a strong nuc gone Q - why ?? Saw this post. Can you give me details please, price, delivery etc. Thank you. Regards Brian

I have a mated Queen heading a double Kieler. Overwintered. Marked Blue.
£70 including postage

Latest posts

Back