Harper Adams in the news

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- that you are wearing leather shoes

My green wellies are made of some kind of petrochemical plastic, says "anti allergic rubber free" on the instep....
Does that make me a vegan?
Makes you less susceptible to trench foot!

- that you are wearing leather shoes

My green wellies are made of some kind of petrochemical plastic, says "anti allergic rubber free" on the instep....
Does that make me a vegan?

Are you eating the boot?

I like leather boots, not sure leather wellies would be any good.

Veganism, religion - none of it matters, so long as they don't harm others. Anti-vaxxers, though - they could be a real problem.
My first encounter with an anti vaxxer was a beginners' course on beekeeping where I was speaking about treatment (in 2019). A woman in her 30s interrupted me to say "you should not treat " and then proceeding to lecture me on anti vaxxing and how the world was being undone by modern medicine. Apart from the utter rudeness of her rant, she was clearly unhinged. Maybe she had been vaccinated and fitted with a microchip and the time and was doing the bidding of Gates..:alien:

After that I avoided her for the rest of the session or might have been tempted to say what I thought. She never appeared again.

Some people may it look easy becuase their body is suppple from birth. Others have made their body supple from doing yoga. And then there are people like me who - if they stop for a week- find restarting rather painful.

My first encounter with an anti vaxxer was a beginners' course on beekeeping where I was speaking about treatment (in 2019). A woman in her 30s interrupted me to say "you should not treat " and then proceeding to lecture me on anti vaxxing and how the world was being undone by modern medicine. Apart from the utter rudeness of her rant, she was clearly unhinged. Maybe she had been vaccinated and fitted with a microchip and the time and was doing the bidding of Gates..:alien:

After that I avoided her for the rest of the session or might have been tempted to say what I thought. She never appeared again.
That's a pity. She would have fitted right in the beekeeping world. :rolleyes:

Some people may it look easy becuase their body is suppple from birth. Others have made their body supple from doing yoga. And then there are people like me who - if they stop for a week- find restarting rather painful.

I stopped doing resistance training after taking it up, I do about 30 - 60 minutes a day - still its very hard and you're right if you stop for a week or so it feels like a backward step.

OK
This ends here
Domino said from the outset that it was purely a diet choice, not a misguided moral one.
The statement about the bludgeoned to death pig was so obviously tongue in cheek that even a professional offence taker would have taken it in the spirit it was delivered.
Let's get back to squabbling about imported bees and winter feeding shall we?
Otherwise I might take a day off from being a nice person 😁
Just one further comment - a professional offence taker is an offendatron 😎

"Any prejudice based on race, skin colour, sexual orientation, disability, age or gender is clearly unacceptable. The subject has no control over any of these factors." I go further : the application of the value an attribute of the distribution of set to one of the members of set is mathematically wrong when it is evident that not all members of the set have an identical value of that attribute.
Racial discrimination is an example of a logical fallacy. If the average intelligence of people with green skin is below those with white skin it tells you nothing about the intelligence of of the person with green skin in front of you.
It requires no appeal to morals its just mathematically incorrect.

does this mean we now can’t be prejudiced against anyone claiming they have AMM bees or that their swarm has a Buckfast queen in it ...?

My granny used to say religion and other beliefs are like your willy, it's ok to get it out and stroke it at home but when your shoving it in other people's faces it's rude and unwanted.
Your granny clearly had a fair few life experiences 🤣
And it leads to another question but I won’t ask it as you’re a mate.

Especially with the extra player
To be honest it wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference if the ref had been English.
when Jones picks players who aren’t in form and aren’t playing in the premiership because they ‘were’ good when they played for Saracens last season we don’t stand a chance.
He’s a fool

does this mean we now can’t be prejudiced against anyone claiming they have AMM bees or that their swarm has a Buckfast queen in it ...?

Someone once took great offence when in response to a post s/he made about swarms coming from 'survivor stock' that they really had no clue if the swarm came from a local hive, tree or indeed a truck loaded of pure bred buckfasts down the road.

Last edited:
There have been some really good examples of refs in the Gallagher Premiership this season using the available technology to confirm and in some cases reverse decisions. I think it was the arrogance of the ref to not use this for the first try that was most annoying. That said if you make the number of illegal moves that England made you are not going to win matches.

Latest posts

Back