Harper Adams in the news

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Remind me to pack my green wellies for the next BBKA event....
I SO much miss the square dancing!

In my experience it’s rather easy to upset vegans😉

There seems to be darker stuff going on than picking on vegans.
Apparently it is fairly low down on the Agricultural college hierarchy - it's where Wales sends most of it's hambones.
And that came from someone local who studied there!!

I am rather partial to a nice slice of Badger Ham... off the bone of course

I can add ageism to that. You should have heard the students' mutterings and seen their faces when they walk in on the beekeepers that had invaded their cafeteria! I thought it quite funny considering it is going to happen to us all.

In my experience it’s rather easy to upset vegans😉

I'm working on one at work . Honey is not vegan apparently however I've half convinced him its ethical as the stuff I want to sell him will "have been left behind by the bees after they swarm naturally, and the wax for the candles will come from the left behind abandoned comb " think I'm getting somewhere .....

IMHO stereotyping or mocking a group of people because they have made a different dietary choice, is no more acceptable than mocking people of a different religion, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.

IMHO stereotyping or mocking a group of people because they have made a different dietary choice, is no more acceptable than mocking people of a different religion, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
Dave Allen or Charlie Williams wouldn't be on your Christmas list then?

IMHO stereotyping or mocking a group of people because they have made a different dietary choice,
When the said people then go on to attach and demonise and even terrorise normal people for their dietary choices, then they volunteer themselves to be a legitimate target

The paradox of tolerance ~ to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance. Promoting non-judgmental, open-minded, patient, live and let live attitudes towards diverse peoples, ideas and practices is a mark of a civilised society but also a reciprocal two edged sword.

This is risky ground I know, but the door has been opened.
Any predudice based on race, skin colour, sexual orientation, disability, age or gender is clearly unacceptable. The subject has no control over any of these factors.
However, traits which are made by choice are absolutely fair game for critcism, even contempt. These would include, creed, religion, politics, character and dietary choices.

When the said people then go on to attach and demonise and even terrorise normal people for their dietary choices, then they volunteer themselves to be a legitimate target

Nothing there that i recognise in the vegans i know. Are you now labelling vegans as potential terrorists? Thats as ludicrous and offensive as labelling muslims as potential terrorists, or the Welsh as thick.

This is risky ground I know, but the door has been opened.
Any predudice based on race, skin colour, sexual orientation, disability, age or gender is clearly unacceptable. The subject has no control over any of these factors.
However, traits which are made by choice are absolutely fair game for critcism, even contempt. These would include, creed, religion, politics, character and dietary choices.

Criticism of choices is fine by me, but not demonising or contempt for an entire group of very diverse people based on their own personal choice of how they live their own life.

Criticism of choices is fine by me, but not demonising or contempt for an entire group of very diverse people based on their own personal choice of how they live their own life.
As I said, anyone's personal choices are fair game for criticism or praise, as you wish. That is the essence of free speech.

Latest posts

Back