Harmless insecticide??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I misreading this then? It reads to me that they will use a harmless method OR a pyrethroid spray - doesn't sound to me that the pyrethroid is harmless!

the quote on their website reads:

"Our trained pest controllers, upon request, will operate using a non harmful method to remove the bees or a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide to eliminate the infestation. "

To me this reads that they use 2 methods of removing bees, the choice of which method is up to the customer.

1. they will remove them without causing harm to the bees.
2. They can destroy them using synthetic pyrethroid insecticide.

They don't actually say that they have a non harmfull synthetic pyrethroid insecticide.

To me this reads that they use 2 methods of removing bees,

To me it seems that they have changed their website. Plenty of time since the OP.

Someone has either 'leaned on them', or they have realised the original web material was rubbish (since being informed of same).

Not having looked previously, myself, I cannot comment other than tend to believe that the OP details, and those posted by skyhook(?) were spot on correct at the time.

That would make them much less than the 'accomplished pest control operation' they might claim to be.

Did someone mention cowboys? Could be spot on, or very close. Anyone using rubbish website detail is less than rigorous in my book

maybe a call to watchdog may help out. i dont like the way they use the word eliminate they usually means killed in my eyes.

To me it seems that they have changed their website. Plenty of time since the OP.

Someone has either 'leaned on them', or they have realised the original web material was rubbish (since being informed of same).

Not having looked previously, myself, I cannot comment other than tend to believe that the OP details, and those posted by skyhook(?) were spot on correct at the time.

That would make them much less than the 'accomplished pest control operation' they might claim to be.

Did someone mention cowboys? Could be spot on, or very close. Anyone using rubbish website detail is less than rigorous in my book

That might be what is causing confusion. i have only seen the one version of the site

Nice to know they've taken some notice!

Anyone fancy a free phone back....

http://www.able-pest.co.uk/bee-removal.html

...harmless pyrethroids? Anybody know what this is about?
Dined in a Spanish restaurant at Venta el pobre Almeria some years ago. Due to large numbers of fruit flies around table Mike went to van and armed us all with fly swatters. Manager came out with huge aerosol can assuring us that it would kill the flies but not harm the food, so all sorted then, we have insecticides to kill flies not humans. Still trying to find logic there, someone has produced an insecticide that doesn't kill bees (insects), maybe it kills people?

Latest posts

Back