Harmless insecticide??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also use a "synthetic pyrethroid" to deal with wasps - it would appear the intent there is to kill them. Would that be from the same bottle, but playing on the idea that people see bees as "good guys" and wasps as "bad guys"?

All sounds like marketing rubbish to me.

Apistan is a pyrethoid if I remember correctly. It all depends on the dose.
But, isn't an insecticide by definition an insect killer?

Why don't they just use a beekeeper instead?

I've just emailed their trade body.

I would like to draw your attention to a misleading claim on the website of one of your members- Able-pest

http://www.able-pest.co.uk/bee-removal.html Their website has the following statement-

'Able Pest are second to none when it comes to bee removal. Our trained pest controllers will use a non harmful synthetic pyrethroid insecticide to remove the bees without harming them and our skilled bee controllers will also find the source of the infestation and remove it to prevent future infestations.'

Clearly, if pyrethroids are being used this is to kill the bees. To claim that they are not harmed is a blatant lie- the only way to remove bees without kiling them is for a beekeeper to extract the colony- not always possible, but if the bees are to be killed the client should be made aware of this.

Anyone who has a swarm of bees can find swarm collectors from the national beekeepers association website www.************* by entering their postcode.

I look forward to hearing back from you with details of what action has been taken.

Regards,

I'll let you know if I get a reply.

very well done Skyhook and Susbees. Trades Description lot worth contacting?

TOTALLY WITHOUT PREJUDICE

My experience with a similarly named company in a previous life is that the similarly named company use totally unskilled sub~contractors, and in the black art of Losksmithing, many of which would be unable to pick their own noses yet alone a lock!

I believe that the similarly named company also use sub~contractors to carry out pest control services, and these sub~contractors may possibly use some of the most bee unfriendly insecticides yet made by man !

They also state they "will seek out and remove the SOURCE to prevent future infestations"
Lock up your daughters Able pest are coming:eek:

Don`t hold your breath for an answer,

ABLE are not a pest control company, they are a 3rd party call centre that use subcontractors most of whom will not be qualified but unfortunately in english law they don`t have to be, just "competent"???

I however am a qualified pest controller whom knows this company and their ways and they and their ilk are the bane of the industry.

I co-wrote the feral bee "code of practice" currently being introduced into the industry after a rather poor treatment resulted in the loss of a couple of colonies about 2 years ago.

This is what happens when the authorities pull back from regulation, it`s basically the wild west out there with plenty of cowboys to choose from

Bunny:cheers2::cheers2:

Don`t hold your breath for an answer,

ABLE are not a pest control company, they are a 3rd party call centre that use subcontractors most of whom will not be qualified but unfortunately in english law they don`t have to be, just "competent"???

I however am a qualified pest controller whom knows this company and their ways and they and their ilk are the bane of the industry.

I co-wrote the feral bee "code of practice" currently being introduced into the industry after a rather poor treatment resulted in the loss of a couple of colonies about 2 years ago.

This is what happens when the authorities pull back from regulation, it`s basically the wild west out there with plenty of cowboys to choose from

Bunny:cheers2::cheers2:

I agree, self-regulation means no regulation. I'm giving the trade body first chance to do something, otherwise trading standards are next.

I don't suppose you know where Able's head office is by any chance?

If you`re contacting the NPTA I would direct you towards Iain Turner, he is now the new Chair and also presents the COP along with myself on occasion.

But to the best of my knowledge ABLE are not members,

I`m not yet able to post links but the`re easily found on google

I've had an acknowledgement, saying it will be passed to a director.

Let us know the answer you get
Hi all. I passed this onto to someone I dont know but an aquaintence does. He seems to be at the fore of getting things in the limelight at parlimentary circles.

He emailed me this today, which he got from able pest. Have checked, it is there.

Able Pest are second to none when it comes to bee removal. Our trained pest controllers, upon request, will operate using a non harmful method to remove the bees or a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide to eliminate the infestation. Our emergency operations center is available on our free phone number 24 hours a day* seven days a week.)

Latest posts

Back