Happy Bunny

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gower

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
14 degrees here yesterday so quickly opened up two 14x12 hives; plenty of active bees, eggs and sealed brood on either side of 3 frames in each hive, plenty of stores & honey, plus spotted both Q's. Very reassuring sight!

You'll soon learn that at this time of the year a quick heft to check on stores is all thats needed.
Spend your time:
Going to the cinema/theatre
Enjoying long walks
Planning holidays
Relaxing with the partner etc etc

B'cause you ain't gonna have much time for these thing when the season gets going.

Alec

thanks Eyeman

i did heft initially but i thought (incorrectly) that the hives were running short on stores, so a very swift initial inspection reassured me and ensured that i did not add fondant, which would have filled up the brood area unnecessarily.

after recent colder weather, i'll now be adding a weak syrup this weekend....

what a great post!:

You'll soon learn that at this time of the year a quick heft to check on stores is all thats needed.
Spend your time:
Enjoying long walks
Planning holidays

B'cause you ain't gonna have much time for these thing when the season gets going.

Alec

Spend your time:
Enjoying long walks
Planning holidays

Alec

10 mins per hive every 7 or so days? No time for much? How many hives do you have?!?!?

the only thing I have done so far is to give the hive a tap to hear the bees humm and gave some fondant at oxcalic time. No need to be looking for the queen.

Latest posts

Back